Monday, Take Two

Mondays–Bleh! (Am I right, Garfield, or AM I RIGHT?)

E woke up with a leaky diaper sometime after 6 am this morning. I was hoping to put him back down but after I changed him out of his wet clothes he was wide awake and raring to go. So I took him downstairs and turned the tv to Sprout and crashed on the couch for while.

E’s still not drinking soy milk but I’m making a concerted effort this week to get him back on it. Part of my plan is to take away apple juice so he’s only drinking water and then consistently offer him soy milk. There’s no way he’d choose milk over juice but he might prefer milk to just drinking water, or so my thinking goes.

So this morning was the first major tantrum about not getting any juice. I tried to show E that there wasn’t any juice in the fridge and I let him examine the empty jug but he was still really, really mad. He was so mad that he didn’t want to eat his breakfast of a vegan (no milk, no eggs) waffle and syrup which he normally loves and the only thing to do was cry and shriek and storm around the kitchen. He cheered up for a bit when he came up with the idea of drinking syrup straight from the bottle but it was only a split second before I quashed that idea and we were back to tears.

After breakfast the only thing E wanted to do was watch Pororo videos on the computer, over and over again. (This one about colors is a current favorite.) In fact, he’s squirming around on my lap as I attempt to type this now. He’s not content to just sit on my lap; he wants to jump up and down on it. Jumping up and down on the floor is apparently worse than death and only my lap has the right squishy surface for jumping at the moment.

Speaking of squishy, I was planning on going to the gym this morning but now I feel sucked dry of all get-up-and-go and any ambition I had to Get Things Done today. Sorry this post is so whiny; our weekend was actually quite lovely and E was charming and funny and cute much more often than he was a pill. It’s just that today started out lamely. So I’m going to put E down for a nap and take one myself and hopefully when we get back up Monday, Take Two will go better.

E slept from 11:30am to 2pm and consequently so did I. It was awesome! The rest of the day was great and now I’m filled with optimism that the juice debacle will go better tomorrow.

2 thoughts on “Monday, Take Two”

  1. Mama said there'll be days like this, there'll be days like this.

    This too shall pass.

    Those are the phrases that get/got me through days like those.

  2. The phrases that get me through days like that are:

    There's ice cream in the freezer.

    After the kids go to bed, I'm going to lay on the couch and not move while I watch Project Runway.

    I sure hope things are better post-nap. Jared deserted us for a week in Vegas at a luxury spa (allegedly a work "conference" but I have my doubts!) and I'm already feeling it. He only left 24 hours ago! So I understand all about get-up-and-go being sucked dry. *sigh* Let us know how it all turns out.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *